Going into labor at 2am the day I was officially 37 weeks was quite a surprise! Labor progressed fast and we checked into the hospital at 5:30am. After laboring for several hours my contractions became irregular and I was given some pitocin to speed things along. It worked; about an hour later Dean was born.
Shaun cut the biggest umbilical cord the nurse had ever seen and watched as they gave him a bath. Within a few hours we learned that Dean is very stubborn. He refused to breastfeed. After a few more hours he was taken to the NICU and put on an IV. He stayed in the NICU for 3 days. It was a 2 person job to feed him; one to feed him, the other to keep him awake. 
Dean finally got the hang of things and was taken off the IV. Even though his jaundice levels were high, they let us take him home on day 4.
He is now home, off the lights to treat jaundice, and is a really good baby. He continues to be a stubborn eater, but is getting better every day.








4 comments:
He is cute! It was exciting being there at the same time as you. I am glad things got better for you guys and that they finally let you take him home. I hate being at the hospital, so I am sure you guys were ready. Congrats to you both and hope to see you guys soon.
CONGRATS!!!! He is so freakin' cute. We need to hang out again when you guys are ready to get out of the house. I can't wait to meet little Dean. When we opened your blog Saiji was on my lap and squealed when he saw Dean's picture and then waved to him....so they are already friends.
I hope you are all doing well. Let us know if you need anything.
He is so stinkin' cute!!! So happy that he's my little nephew!!!
AWWWWWW, I can't wait to hold this little guy-see you soon!
Post a Comment